It is a rapidly evolving technology which is amazingly effective and user friendly system to straighten crooked teeth without even use of braces. It is invisible custom fit snap on trays allow patient comfort and promote better oral hygiene while simultaneously helping to obtain a set of well aligned teeth for that beautiful smile you deserve!
INVISALIGN for adults:
• Supports active social life- The clear plastic composition of the Invisalign aligners makes them virtually invisible when they are on your teeth.
• Moulds to your busy schedule and travel requirements-since the system requires less number of visits to the dentists.
• Hygienic- Aligners are removable thus enabling you to maintain good oral hygiene.
• Maintains comfort-Since the aligners are custom fit, they do not affect your speech.They do not cause gum irritation or injury to cheeks and lips since they are made of soft comfortable plastic.
• Flexibility to use-For absolutely important and unavoidable situations, it is possible to briefly remove the trays and snap them on whenever required.
INVISALIGN for teenagers :
• Incorporation of coloured indicators for gauging actual wear time.
• Special design with added features for young teeth
• Provision of six free individual replacement aligners during treatment phase.
How much time does it take for treatment completion? :
Treatment duration essentially remains similar to that of regular braces; however, loss of time due to missed appointments/non compliance and broken components is eliminated.
What is the exact procedure followed:
The procedure essentially is very simple and done stepwise.
Step 1: Impressions of teeth and pictures before treatment for records are taken
Step 2: 3-D computer imaging technology is used to convert your bite impressions into a custom-molded series of clear and removable aligners. The number of aligners depends on your individual course of treatment planned for you.
Step 3: Your first set of aligners and starter kit will be provided to you with instructions of how to wear and maintain.
Step 4: Each set of aligners should be worn for the prescribed time, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. Total treatment time averages 9-15 months, but will vary from case to case. Generally you will need to visit every 6 weeks
Step 5: Once the desired result is achieved, you will need to wear a retainer for some time to keep your teeth in their new and improved position.
Can all types of crooked teeth be aligned by INVISALIGN? :
Whether teeth need minor alignment or more extensive adjustments, Invisalign supports all kinds of requirements due to its advanced technology.